Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Assignment 3

Xavier Wilson

The first part of my cognitive test results was about Sensing and Intuition. They indicate how a person prefers to receive data. The cognitive test I took said that I was a sensorial person. A sensorial person prefers to receive data primarily from the five senses. They are practical and use common sense solutions automatically; the memory recall is rich in detail of facts and past events, and they like clear and concrete information. They dislike guessing when facts are not well defined or confusing. The second part of my cognitive test results was about Thinking and Feeling. They indicate how the person processes information. The cognitive test said I was a thinking or rational person. Thinking (rational) uses logical 'true or false, if-then' connections. The thinking side of our brain analyzes information in a detached, objective fashion. It’s really our nature to think rationally. The learning style test said that I was a visual learner. It told me to be sure that I look at all study materials. Use charts, maps, filmstrips, notes or flashcards while studying. Write out everything for frequent and quick visual review. I totally agree with both tests. The cognitive test said I was sensorial and rational which is very true. I use common sense to solve problems and like clear and concrete information. The learning style test fits me very well also. I am a visual learner. I believe you get more information out of a subject being taught by using some type of visual model. The learning style test also gave me some good information on how I should study. Using flashcards and writing out things for a quick visual view can be helpful. The Learning Style inventory website I used for this assignment its www.perosnal.psu.edu/bxb11/LSI/LSI.htm and the Cognitive style inventory website is http:tests.infoartperu.com/en/test_cognitivestyles.htm.

No comments:

Post a Comment